So you can basically learn anything online these days and add to your skill set and overall development without breaking the bank. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars going to seminars to find out things you can find out for free. These resources are especially important to entrepreneurs because you can literally learn all you need to know about getting started, operating your business, dealing with finances etc by using the internet. Here are some resources:
- Alison.com– This is a website that offers over a thousand courses that are free to complete. They offer courses in the following categories: IT, Language, Science, Health, Humanities, Math, Marketing and Lifestyle. You can get a certificate or diploma if you’ve completed the course following the guidelines, however, theses usually incur a cost. The only courses that will give you a free certificate upon completion are these.The price for a digital certificate which is official and legitimate proof you’ve done the course is 12 Euros and the price for a diploma is 39 Euros. If you want the proof to add to your resumes you can always pay for it but if you just want the knowledge you can get it for free.
- Coursera.org– This website is very similar to Alison.com. The courses are offered by leading universities usually self paced, you have the option of doing the quizzes and assignments in the courses if you want to qualify for a certificate (not free varies for all the courses) and a statement of accomplishment(free). However, if it’s just the information you’re after, you can enroll and just browse through the material at your leisure. You can learn how to start your own business for free on Coursera.org here. The course has already started but you’ll be fine. In order to access this course for free you would have to select the “audit the course” feature to proceed. They also offer financial aid for other courses if you need it.
- EDX.org– Top notch universities such as Harvard and MIT offer people the ability to learn from an array of courses for free. This is especially a good resource to supplement your studies at university without forking out money for the Ivy League education. They offer courses in law, sciences, business, humanities, languages and a whole lot more. While their certificates and degree programs cost money, their courses are free unless you’d like a verified certificate. For example, here is a course called “Becoming an Entrepreneur” that you can take for free.
- Skillshare– This website offers many free courses in animation, entrepreneurship, film making, web development, graphic design among many other courses including languages. This is an essential website if you want to have your own online business or succeed in a creative profession. To get the full benefit of the site you’d have to pay around $9USD per month, however, I found coupons here that will get you additional free months once you sign up with your card info.
- Youtube- I know YouTube has saved us all in school when we couldn’t understand an important topic. Well, YouTube basically has everything on it. You can learn how to run a business, crafts, languages and just about everything else on YouTube. Don’t sleep on it.
Those are some of the sites that I’ve used before, you can check out this list for a whole lot more.
Don’t forget, you can hire me to write using this link.